Wednesday, July 26, 2006

"I'll never let go Jack, I'll never let go."

So, recently I have made a list of movies that I should not watch before I set sail in just under a month. As you can probably guess, at the top of that list is "Titanic," followed closely by "Poseidon."

After returning to my hotel room tonight (I'm working a leadership conference in MO right now) I flip on the T.V. and lo and behold what movie do you think is just beginning? Yes, "Titanic."

Here I sit, two and a half hours later watching the boat sink (after I tried to make myself turn the channel multiple times and/or just go to bed.) Blasted. Looking at the bright side, I'm picking up some pointers on what to do/what not to do should anything happen. =)

A few weeks ago, a friend of mine suggested that I bring along a piece of plywood in case I need to float. I promptly told her that I didn't think the crew would appreciate it if I showed up on the first day with a 2x4 strapped to my backpack. Additionally, I said that I would probably take a life jacket instead.

It is highly unlikely that we have any thing like this to worry about, however, should something happen, you can rest assured that I went down happy since I was traveling the world and that I went down having said, "I'll never let go Jack, I'll never let go."

1 comment:

kenandbelly said...

We expect pix of you at the head of the boat declaring yourself the Queen of the World!

If you forget to pack your life jacket, no worries. Just swipe the seat cushion from your plane when you're heading to your departure city. (I've always wondered if those things really float!).