Sunday, December 14, 2008

snow excited...

Well, the weather outside is frightful, and the fire I'm attempting to build in my fireplace could be delightful - if I don't smoke out the house. Today, I am saying, let it snow, let it snow, let it snow!

It is a rarity that we get snow here in the Valley - there's always plenty of it on the mountains, but I've only seen it here about three times down here and even then, it's not much. Needless to say, as much as I complain about cold weather, there is something about seeing snow for the first time a season that makes me SO happy. I love it when it snows like this - big flakes that stick AND I don't have to go anywhere today.

Alright.. I'm off to enjoy the beauty!

Shhh... don't tell my friends in Minnesota how excited I am about the snow... they'll think that I'm going to reconsider my stance on winter and move there.

2 comments:

Jeanne said...

I miss snow. I know I haven't been in Tennessee long, but Janie has already been out of school twice for rain! :-) It "snowed" the night before, and the called school. NOthing ever stuck and usually by the next day, it was 45 degrees and sunny! I'm going to really miss Missouri snow.

M said...

Ha! I KNEW IT. You totally want to live in Minnesota.