Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Good morning Vietnam!

Well, in just a few short hours we are going to sail up the Saigon river and port in Ho Chi Minh City (Saigon). I'm told it's one of the prettiest sights we'll see. We have to go up the river in the daylight to avoid 1) land and 2) fishing boats.

I've been trying, to no avail, to upload pictures from Japan and am having trouble with blogger.com. I'm not the only one around here having trouble with the photos so I guess it will have to wait until after Vietnam. I've got a few more posts about Japan and Hong Kong yet to give you, but that too will have to wait a few days. =( Funny how much I want to do this, yet it always seems to be the last thing I get to in my day. I keep getting pulled away from it and I'm so eager to tell you about everything! I'm trying to edit my journals down into manageable topics and lengths, yet still fill you in on the experience.

The waves settled down, but it was a rough go for awhile! Deck 2 had their portholes locked shut and folks (including myself) were not doing well. There tends to be a "rumor of the day" on the ship (often started by the RD's) and the most recent one was that the size of the "sick bag" was directly related to the size of the waves. This came about because the crew put bags out that were about three times the size of the last ones! Ahh.... glad it's over and I'm really glad to be porting soon although, two days at sea was a tease in trying to get things done around here!

If you post a comment (which I love) please sign it! I love to know who's reading it!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am glad I finally got to catch-up on your life. You have been in my prayers and I miss you SOOOOOOOO much! My mom asked me today how you were doing and wanted me to tell you you are in her prayers.
Love you!
Misty

Anonymous said...

What awesome adventures....I am so excited about your homecoming in FL in December! I'll try to bring a band like you had in Japan....but you might have to settle for Ryan and his new hobby: the harmonica! I love hearing your stories....and I can't wait to read a future book on the adventures of Kate! Blessings from FL, Angela

M said...

I'm glad you're having a good time. I love how every place you visit moves to the top of your list of places to return to!

Two thumbs down for drunk college students when you aren't one of them. I hate the responsible life.

I love you!